Sunday, January 25, 2009

The last couple days haven't been all that bad. I saw Revolutionary Road, although it very depressing, was really good. The acting was great, and I love Kate Winslet.

Went to a party last night in Covington at this very nice guy Sam's house, who I have met once before at a poetry reading at the Bean Haus over the summer. First of all, there were a shit ton of people there, and Ashleigh, Chris and I knew maybe two or three people max until more of our friends started showing up about an hour after we did. Secondly, his loft apartment was awesome. Brick walls, open space, hardwood floors, it was perfect. Thirdly, there was a DJ and a fashion show, which I thought was a bit odd, but whatever. I drank many PBRs, mostly in bottles. I was also staring at a very attractive boy in a brown striped jacket all evening. He left before I could get his name or number, and I've been thinking about him ever since. I hope he reappears someday, because he was extremely attractive.

Reading assignments and homework have begun. Always happens the third week of class. I'm starting to get back in the swing of things. I'm shooting for excellent grades this semester, and it's 100% achievable as long as I cut my social life literally in half and use that time to study more. With every passing semester that Bachelor's degree seems a little more real. It's really important to me to get it, and by 2011.

I just ordered $80 worth of stuff online from Forever 21. It's been a while since I've gotten any clothes or accessories, and I've got the money so I figured it was okay to treat myself tonight. I am also waiting for the last of my books to get here, and two surprises I bought for Molly and myself. I can't say until they get here because I want her to be excited.

I've been doing pretty well diet and exercise-wise. I've lost four pounds so far and I've been eating healthier. I could afford to exercise a little more than I have been, but I always do little things that I think really add up, like taking the stairs to go to class instead of the elevators, and walking to Starbucks all the way across campus instead of getting my morning coffee from the place in the science building where I have class. If not 40, I definitely think 20 pounds is sure to be lost. Maybe even by the end of April. I always go on crazy diets and say I'm going to lose weight and I go about it all the wrong ways. I'm finally on track now. I don't think of it as dieting anymore, I just think of my eating habits now as healthier alternatives and it doesn't seem like much of a chore. I think that's the main problem with people who go on "diets". You don't have to think like that, you can still eat great foods but make it so much better for you. I'm completely on track and 100% committed to losing this weight and keeping it off. I know I'll be giving up some of my favorite foods but that isn't going to matter when I get out there in the sun this summer weighing 40 pounds less and looking awesome in my bikini.

I'm very excited for summer. I feel like it just left but also that it's right around the corner again. I can't wait for Bonnaroo, for swimming and laying out, for summer clothes, for beautiful weather. I keep talking about it and it's making me very anxious!

Movies to see still: Two Lovers, The Reader, The Wrestler, Wendy and Lucy, The Soloist, Last Chance Harvey and Slumdog Millionaire. I've seen some that I've wanted to see: Milk, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Revolutionary Road. They were all extremely good.

This is just a random blog of sorts. I've got nothing of real interest to say at the moment, I just needed a break from reading this book and trying to do this assignment.

No comments: