Saturday, July 26, 2008

Taking a moment of appreciation

Even as a little girl, I always knew I'd be leaving NKY/Cincinnati at some point. Not permanently but for a while. I'd love to take some time to travel, and I would love to live in other cities for a few years. I'd love to live in places like Chicago, Knoxville, and Nashville. I used to want to live in New York City for a while, but I don't think it's for me. Chicago is even too far north for me. I've grown to really love where I was born, and the south. I do consider myself part of the south because it's everything I know. Of course I grew up here and basically have lived my entire life in Cincinnati, but I've also spent a significant amount of time all over Kentucky and Tennessee and I love everything about it. I do want to travel and see what else is out there though. I want to branch out and experience other parts of the world. I know I'll end up leaving for an unknown amount of time sometime in the future. I believe home is where you make it. I could settle down anywhere if I so choose. But, I do know where my heart will always lie. Right here, forever.

Photobucket

It's my home, it's where I learned everything I know. How to walk, talk, read, write, share, love. It's where my first kiss was. It's where I lost my virginity. It's where I've celebrated every Birthday. It's where I had my first drink. Where I learned to drive. Where I've fallen in love, on two separate occassions. Where I graduated from High School and now where I attend college. I don't love any city like I love this one. I simply think that Northern Kentucky is the perfect place for me. It's not exactly the country or the big city, but both of those are within a relatively short driving distance. It's only 5 hours away from Chicago, 5 hours from Knoxville, and 6 hours to the Atlantic ocean. My whole family is here. Most of my friends are here or were raised here like I was. It's damn near everything to me.

So, NKY/Cincy, although one day I may spread my wings and leave here for a while, possibly a long while, just know that it will not be forever. Just know that no matter where I live, none of those places could ever be so dear to my heart than you.

No comments: