Monday, March 30, 2009

It's not all too fun when you realize that the feelings you have for someone who is kind of shitty are still there. Not only still there, but strong. I hate it. In the last 48 hours I've been trying to talk myself out of it. I don't know why in the hell I still want him. But for the very first time after Johnny, the very first time after I was madly, deeply, 100% head over heels in love, I feel something truly real for someone else. I didn't think it was possible, but apparently it is. I'm not sure what to do about the whole thing, because it obviously isn't going anywhere and hasn't been since December. I just wish he could see the potential of what could be. I would love nothing more than to be a girlfriend again. I think it's the best thing I do. I know how to take care of someone. I just keep thinking back to when Johnny and I were together. I remember that being the best relationship I've ever had, and it will probably always be. But I know I can start over again with someone new. It's entirely possible to put everything else aside and go full force with the relationship, for the first time in a year and a half. I'm ready.

The problem is, the only person in the world I can think of that I'd be willing to be with at all, is cold, uninterested and generally kind of a jerk. I don't know what I should do. I guess in this situation you can't do anything; you just have to keep doing what you're doing and hope one day either this situation changes or someone else comes along.

Even if we're never together, the simple fact I could open myself up to someone after being sad for so long is kind of terrifying. The fact that someone else has access to my heart and emotions and can hurt me at any time is so fucking scary to me. I never want to go through that again. I need to keep my distance from him but it's really hard to.

Don't ever take for granted for one second the things you have. Don't think that they will be there tomorrow, because that's what I thought and I lost the best thing that ever happened to me. Don't do anything to ruin it. Keep it as long as you can.

1 comment:

Organic Meatbag said...

Good thoughts, and amen, hold on to what's good...
And don't worry, you will move on and things will get better!