Saturday, February 7, 2009

Slumdog/Bonnaroo Band #2/Random



Slumdog Millionaire was really good. I'm now having an even harder time deciding what is going to win. I haven't seen Frost/Nixon yet, and I would love for The Reader to win, but for best picture I think The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has this in the bag. Milk was good, but I don't know if it's as good as the others. I love Oscar time. I love movies.

I woke up at 11:50 AM so I could buy my Bonnaroo ticket since they went on sale today at noon. Totally got it. If I can't go I'll just sell it. But I have every intention to be arriving on that beautiful 750 acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee on June 11th for the third time.

Speaking of Bonnaroo, here is band #2 (and these are in no particular order, I just randomly choose a band and a good song).

MGMT - "Pieces Of What" (probably my favorite MGMT song)



They were there last year in 08, and played directly after Superdrag but we missed them due to having to go back to our campsite to eat/set the rest of our stuff up. I will not miss them this year. I have some sort of unhealthy obsession with Andrew VanWyngarden and I need to see him in the flesh before my life can be complete. Kidding... But not really kidding.

I'm very excited about this year's Bonnaroo and I've said it about a million times, but I honestly can't think of anything I'm more excited about. My 21st birthday doesn't even top it. This year I'm hoping Ashleigh and Geoff come with us so we can have a huge campsite and even more people to party with us. Hopefully!

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do after I graduate and stuff, and I can't think of one thing at NKU that completely 100% interests me. I'd love to go to film school or culinary school more than anything, but I just don't have the money or the means to move somewhere and go. It's very sad when the amount of money you have can alter your life dreams, goals, and passions. Very sad.