Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm in dire need of a drummer, guitarist, and possibly even bassist. If you'd like to start a band with me, PLEASE do not hesitate to tell me! Here is what I'm looking for: Male or female musicians with pretty good voices, perhaps someone who can read music, who is really good at writing music, who has (or is capable of writing) lyrics, and who wouldn't mind doing a bunch of different things and not just playing one genre of music. To give you some examples, I'd like to sound like Broken Social Scene, The Avett Brothers, Band Of Horses, Ryan Adams, Wilco, Rilo Kiley, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, and The Good Life all rolled into one. It'll be like an indie rock/bluegrass/folk band. All our songs will sound different. If you know someone who wants to do that, or you do, I will be glad to hear from you. I want to also book some shows too. As soon as we get our shit together of course.

Photobucket

So this is me, in real time. My hair is shorter and curly. It's weird, but it's a nice change. I'll be honest though, I can't wait until it grows out like four more inches and the perm wears off. I am destined to have long straight hair forever, and I'm okay with it.

Also in other news, The Dark Knight is scheduled to come out on DVD sometime in December, or so I read on the interweb. I cannot wait. I'm going to hold movie nights where all we do is sit around, drink, eat popcorn and watch that movie. Okay maybe not all the time. But it WILL happen at least twice.

Molly is turning 17 on September 20th, and I'm throwing her a party the day before. I hope everyone comes. It'll be like the last hoorah before it starts getting cold. I can't believe summer is almost over. More importantly, I can't believe she is already 17!

I need good in-school job suggestions. I'm going to try to shoot for a job by October 25. Something close, preferrably in Highland Heights by where I'll be living so I can walk to work or take the shuttle. But anywhere in NKY/Cincy really. Any good ideas? Pay is irrelevant.

I've got nothing of real interest to say, just advertising for things.

P.S. I've realized that as a general rule, I usually don't ever date anyone who wasn't born and raised in Kentucky. I don't do it on purpose, but I've just never really been that into people from Ohio. Now that I think about it, everyone born in Ohio is so weird to me. Even though I was born and raised here on the brink of Cincinnati, I still identify with Kentucky and the southern parts of it. I have always hated Ohio, and every person I've ever tried to be interested in from Ohio just sucks. It's amazing what difference a 10-20 some mile distance makes. You can be from here and be totally awesome or you can live right across the river and suck terribly. Crazy how that works.

No comments: