Friday, August 22, 2008

Last night was crazy. I went to Shannon's for Stephen's second-to-last-night-in-town get together. Had some beers. Also took pictures with five dudes in their boxers. I don't know how everyone got in their underwear last night. Josh and Keith started it and then everyone else just followed suit, and I even did it. Then we proceeded to take like 100 pictures of us just goofing around in our underwear. Afterwards Josh, Stephen and Caleb came over at literally 5am and we swam in cold ass water until 6:30, when I eventually passed out. It was a pretty okay night. They're having a last hoorah for Stephen tonight before he moves to Nashville in the morning.

Class starts next week. I go Tuesdays from 9-1:30 and then a class from 6-9, and Thursdays from 9-1:30.

Speaking of class, I'm moving out tomorrow! I've gotta get up kind of early and get all my shit in the truck. I don't have much, just basics for now. I've got the busiest day tomorrow. Moving in, helping at my Grandma's class reunion (why they want hawaiian ice there is beyond me), then Danny's going away party/engagement party at some bar tomorrow night. I haven't seen him in so long, Belinda either. They lived next door for so long they're family. I feel so bad that we haven't had the time to go visit them at all. I've seen Matt and Jeremy since their move, but I haven't seen anyone else. I'm very excited to be going.

I realized last night that although I haven't spent much time with him or even know him that well, I still think he is very hilarious, interesting and I am extremely attracted to him physically. I would definitely love nothing more than to get to know him better in the next couple of months. I haven't really had feelings for anyone since Johnny and I split. I've had dates and what not, but I knew those weren't going anywhere. It feels nice to be able to have feelings for someone, or in my case now, potentially have feelings for someone in the near future. I still don't know him very well at all, but at this point it is safe to say I want to pursue something. If nothing else, make a friend and get to know someone who I think is very interesting. Only time will tell at this point.

I just feel like it's time to move on from everything in my past. All the heartache I've suffered with a handful of people, I need to let go. I've let most of it go but I haven't quite let go of one. God knows I loved him more than anything in this entire world and I definitely loved him more than I've ever loved anyone. Of that I am completely sure. But I can either try to get over it now, or suffer more and get over it later. I'm not going to let my past ruin my future anymore. From this day on, I'll savor the good times I had with him but I'm going to do my best to move on, pursue this new guy, and focus on only that. I think it's the best decision I can possibly make for myself right now.

I've got a busy couple of days ahead of me. I'll try to upload those crazy pictures from last night if they ever surface on the internet this weekend.

No comments: